Guild Student Code of Conduct
Guild Education, Inc. (Guild) is committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and collaborative environment for all students and Guild representatives to interact. This Student Code of Conduct outlines the standards of behavior that we expect from our students, as well as the types of unwanted behaviors that will not be tolerated. This Student Code of Conduct applies to all prospective and current Guild students in their interactions (whether over the telephone, in writing, by email, via social media or through any other mode of communication) with Guild representatives, including Guild coaches.
Please treat others as you would like to be treated yourself. We all deserve to interact in an environment where we are treated with dignity and respect. Guild is committed to creating an environment that is free of threats to the health, physical safety, and wellbeing of our students and the people who work at Guild. That includes (but isn’t limited to) harassment, discrimination, and threats of violence.
Inappropriate behavior can be any conduct by a student that adversely affects a Guild representative's psychological or physical well-being. Such behaviors can stem from a series of incidents or a single incident depending on its severity, and includes acts that:
- Are demeaning, belittling, or can cause personal humiliation or embarrassment;
- Are threatening, intimidating or generally produce harmful results such as endangering a person's safety or sense of safety, or negatively affecting their work performance;
- Create a hostile, threatening, or coercive environment;
- Are offensive or insulting including comments, jokes, slurs, name calling, gestures, innuendoes, threats or taunting;
- Include distributing inappropriate pictures, drawings, or other visual representations; or
- Include yelling, use of profanity, making condescending or crude remarks at a person or persons.
In addition to the foregoing behaviors, students are prohibited from contacting Guild representatives through unofficial channels, including through social media.
Harassment or Discrimination is Prohibited
Guild does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Guild’s policy is to maintain an environment that encourages mutual respect and is free from all forms of harassment and discrimination by anyone, including students. Accordingly, Guild is committed to vigorously addressing complaints of harassment and discrimination at all levels. Any student who engages in discrimination or harassment will be subject to remedial and/or disciplinary action.
Reported or suspected occurrences of harassment or discrimination will be promptly and thoroughly investigated. Following an investigation, Guild will promptly take any necessary and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Harassment is a form of discrimination. The term “harassment” includes unwelcome conduct based on any category protected by federal, state or local law, including race, color, religion, creed, gender (including transgender, gender identity, and gender expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, age, and physical or mental disability that has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment, even if the reporting individual is not the intended target of the harassment. Harassment includes unwelcome epithets, slurs, jokes, derogatory remarks, stereotypes, or verbal, graphic or physical conduct. Harassment also includes any statements or other forms of communication (written or verbal) that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating, that disparage Guild employees or others or that might constitute harassment or bullying.
- Sexual harassment consists of unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature or on the basis of sex (including pregnancy), gender (including transgender, gender identity, and gender expression), or sexual orientation where such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, even if the reporting individual is not the intended target of the sexual harassment.
- Examples of sexual harassment include physical acts such as kissing, hugging, grabbing, pinching; rape and sexual assault; requests for sexual favors; flirting or unwanted advances; sexually oriented gestures, remarks, or jokes; sex stereotyping; sexual or discriminatory displays or publications; hostile actions based on sex, gender, or sexual orientation, including bullying, yelling and name-calling. Sexual harassment can occur between any individuals, regardless of their sex or gender.
Violations of the Student Code of Conduct
A violation of this Student Code of Conduct may result in one or more disciplinary actions including, but not limited to:
- Verbal warning
- Written warning
- Temporary suspension from Guild coaching and/or other Guild services
- Dismissal from the Guild platform
Guild, in its sole discretion, will determine the action(s) to be taken based on the severity of the violation and any prior history of violations. Additionally, Guild reserves the right to contact your employer or law enforcement depending on the nature and severity of the violation and its impact on you or others.
Procedure for Investigation of Student Code of Conduct Complaints
If you are the subject of an alleged Student Code of Conduct violation, Guild will investigate the complaint. After obtaining all relevant information and completing the investigation, Guild will make the determination as to whether a violation has occurred and you will be notiﬁed of any disciplinary actions or other actions that may result from the investigation.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Guild reserves the right to take immediate disciplinary action if:
- You have multiple or repeated violations, or
- Your actions pose a threat to the safety, security, or well-being of Guild employees, or the ability of Guild to maintain normal operations and carry on its services free of disruption.